Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Special Class: Nametags

I use nametags.
I believe taking the time to pick out an English name and make namecards gives the students a sense of pride and ownership in the class, and they are a little more likely to invest themselves, if they have tangible evidence of their commitment to it.

We make nametags--all the same shape for each class.
Then, I laminate them.
  • I use them for seating. "find your name and sit at that seat, please!"
  • I use them for non-biased calling-on in class. (turn them over and make the last kid who went pick the next victim...ha ha ha!)
  • I use them to quickly take attendence (if theres no one sitting by a nametag, that person is absent)
  • and I use them as demonstration during ABC order activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment